As Children & Nature Month draws to a close, I am headed up to the redwoods, or what's left of them, to let my boys soak in nature's peace, stillness and fortitude. We will have no Internet connection and, possibly, no television. I therefore plan to devour some good books, romp through the forest and watch the stars. I will be back online Sunday, May 4th.
In the meantime, there is plenty to do:
1) If you have not yet signed up for the Be a Bookworm Challenge, please leave me a comment and I will add you to the sidebar when I return.
2) If you have signed up for the challenge but have not yet told me which book you will be reading, please leave me a comment so that I can add your book to the ever-growing, truly fascinating list of books under Greening Our Beans.
3) If you have not yet picked a book, check the Greening Our Beans sidebar list or this post for ideas or enter to win a book. Crunchy Chicken is giving away green books all week long - a different book every day of the week.
4) BOOK GIVEWAY: Finally, I will be giving away PLENTY: One Man, One Woman and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally by Alisa Smith & J.B. Mackinnon, the creators of the 100 mile diet. This was my first true green read, the book with which I founded my Green Book Club and the inspiration for my first forays to the farmers' market. If ever there was a book that made eating an adventure, this is it. Leave a comment to be entered to win. I will pick a winner on Sunday, May 4th.
5) If you've already done all of these things, relax and Be a Bookworm.