Here is my vegetable heavy frittata. It is a family favorite good for morning, lunch or dinner, hot or cold. What are you waiting for? Getting eggy with it.
Tomato, Chard and Veggie Frittata *modified from a Live Earth Farm CSA recipe
1 tbsp. olive oil or spray a bit of spray on olive oil
1 half bunch of chard, leaves de-stemmed and roughly chopped
Any other season vegetables (e.g., fava beans, summer squash, etc.)
3-4 tomatoes, chopped or 1 15 oz can of chopped or diced tomatoes, drained
1-3 hot peppers, diced or red pepper flakes (depending on taste)
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkling of grated cheese
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a 10 or 12-inch oven-safe pan at medium high heat, heat olive oil and add garlic and peppers or pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, until tomatoes (if fresh) become saucey.
4. Add chard, any other vegetables, and saute until chard is wilted down but still bright green.
5. Reduce heat to medium or medium low and add eggs.
6. Cook eggs until mostly set around the edges and towards the middle, and still soft in the center.
7. Add with salt and pepper, to taste, and sprinkle cheese over the top.
8. Set pan under the broiler and cook until eggs are set and cheese is browned.