But when you cross the green in me with the wimp, you do get something slightly more respectable. I've been doing Crunchy Chicken's Freeze Your Buns Challenge every winter since its inception in 2007. I don't usually go below 64 degrees during the day and the heat off at night but still, here are my favorite survival tips for keeping warm anywhere.
1) Take Up a Warm Hobby - Knitting is good, crocheting is good, sewing works. Something where you are working on something that keeps you warm. In the winter, I often knit and whatever project I'm working on sits on my lap, warming me. A laptop achieves the same thing. ;-)
2) Become One with Your Pets - We have a cat who we call the "Heater". He likes to sleep below the covers and heats that bed up faster than hot water bottles or an electric blanket.
3) Double Or Nothing - Okay, remember that I am a wimp! I double my socks at night before going to bed on a really cold night. I've also been known to sleep in slippers and, when really desperate, a hoodie. Remember what they say, feet cold, body cold. Or something like that.
4) Open Up - Your oven door that is as well as your the lids on your stove-top pots and pans. Nothing warms the kitchen faster than a cooling oven.
5) Go Electric - We used to go with hot water bottles but they just don't do it like an electric blanket. Of course, the whole sleeping surrounding by electrical waves or whatever does creep me out but most times, you can heat the bed up before you get in and your are golden.
How low will you go this year? Will you freeze your buns off? Any tips to keep help this warm weather girl go to 63 degrees?
* I'm linking to Thrifty Thursdays at Thrifty & Fabuless and Frugal Fridays at Life As Mom.